When you are too busy with your creativity there is no other space for other feelings. I don’t know if you feel the same but for me being silly is everything. I don’t think that you should spend a day without doing or saying something frivolous. It may only make you laughing; at least you chuckle and what is a life without giggling?
When your mind is so full of creativity and you just have to find your way or someone, not only yourself who believes in you …
I am sure all of us had some moments when we questioned ourselves about the next step to make in order to feel more gratified. Some times it is not even that but more deeply to actually wonder about the reason why we should even care about doing more.
In the past I believed that as long as I had money to pay bills, buy expensive clothes and do something fun, I was ok. I remember that once a person read my handwriting and she pointed out the fact that I had a lot of potential and that I should just venture mysel more.
Over 8 years ago I changed continent and of course I had to deal with all the bureaucratic system and to find a new way of supporting myself in the new environment. I found something that is way more exciting than what I used to do.
No matter that, I still question myself and I have been working on my inner, spiritual essence. In the last two years I have progressed deeply, but there is always a sort of dissatisfaction that pushes me to do more, makes me complain about myself, and try something new. However, with the excitement comes also the fear but most of all the big question? What the heck am I doing this when all I want is maybe just to be naked at the beach?
Somebody says that as long we have fun doing what we are doing, we are already on the right path. Day by day we get caught in a circle of interrogative sentences that nobody can answer but us. However, those questions will only find an answer when their time comes.
Do things not for the outcome but for the pleasure. Am I writing this for me, for you or for whatsoever? I guess I’ll find out one day.
Don’t you ever feel that people judge you just because of what you wear? It goes back to the beginning of all human race: the desire, the need and whatsoever pushes people to wear this or that and moreover to judge others because of that. Three main aspects come to mind.
First of all, it isn’t weird that just because you are dressed like a hipster/homeless person, the security guards follow you like some good stalkers checking if you are actually going to pay for the groceries that you put in your bag? What about if I were actually carrying that Chanel bag?
Secondly, people dress in some special attires and then act like teachers, lawyers, priests, monks, psychics or any other professions that may come into your head. What if all people were blindfolded and just listen to whoever was teaching, guiding, defending… What would the outcome be? Would the voice and the thoughts coming out of their mouth be as effective as they can be when these people are actually visible? And in addition, aren’t people just a bunch of believers that are just fooled by others, either because of their clothes or what they pretend to be?
Thirdly, clothes are like attitudes and sometimes they do not help us to be who we really are. Certainly, this is not always true and more or less our attires may instead help us to gain confidence and feel more at our ease.
Notwithstanding we should not forget that what matters at the end is to be true to yourself because that is the ultimate person you are going to rely on. Either you are dressed for a défilé, an interview, a pool party, or completely naked like we say in Italian: “come mamma t’ha fatto.”
Some days ago, I did a yoga session and the instructor was pointing out how much judgement we all have and not only about other people but also about ourselves.
In particular we normally perform, write, talk and while doing that we already start a process during which we either uplift or on the contrary condemn ourselves and/or others.
Due to this type of attitude and behavior we tend to cause more stress to our essences as well as to others. Supposedly, we all aim to a sort of perfection without realizing that sometimes to be perfect is instead to err, to fall, to excel and shine.
It is a well-known truth that the first person who should believe in you is totally and ultimately yourself, the one that you see in the mirror every morning when you rise and every evening when you turn your switch off.
However, the family you belong to, the one you’ve chosen and the friends who surround you should be your greatest fans. It is up to them to encourage you day by day, step by step.
To a better present and future with a circle of positive supporters and not anyone bearing a grudge.
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? My niece MIMI
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way? I want to be a famous photographer/singer/actor
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? Not all the time. Only if it is for something professional.
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? Gym, sun, museum, sex, dinner, sex.
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? Tonight in the car. Today when I posted a video.
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? I would retain the mind.
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die? I always thought that I will burn.
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common. Love for music, certain values, love for friends.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful? My health.
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I would love my parents to love me the way I am.
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible. This is the story of a crazy guy who went through some hard times, but always showed that nothing is the end.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? Be able to learn other languages very easily.
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? I would love to know if my nieces and nephew will live close to me. I would desire to know if one day I could finally find peace inside me.
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? I dreamed about having a night full of sex without moderation.
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? My attempt to be myself no matter what others think about me.
16. What do you value most in a friendship? Being there in the good but most of all in the bad
17. What is your most treasured memory? Sitting on a bench and looking at the sea.
18. What is your most terrible memory? When my mom died.
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? I do not know, maybe. I will travel as much as possible.
20. What does friendship mean to you? Everything.
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life? They play an important role because we all want to be loved.
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.Outgoing, intelligent, talented, lovely, sweet.
23. How close and warm is your family? Not to close or warm.Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s? A little bit.
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? I loved her.
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling … “ we had some good and bad memories. We went through storms and we survived. We supported each other and try to love each other unconditionally
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share some artistic moments”.
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know. They would need to know how important to me is to be accepted the way I am and the choices that I make without any judgement.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met. I like the fact that he risked for our relationship.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life. When I peed in my pants when I was a kid.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? I don’t remember. I cried by myself a couple of weeks ago.
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already. The desire to surprise me
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Death, diseases.
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet? To my family and friends how much I truly care and love them. I already did.
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why? My laptop because it has all my pictures.
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why? My nieces and nephew because they are so young.
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen. To be honest and not be judged because of that.
Halloween Day, 2015
Waking up early, preparing classes, going to the gym. I’m not making a statement, I’m just repeating what I heard. The theme of the day/night is drinking. Apparently, our society has elaborated this concept that drinking is equal fun: what to do tonight? Of course, the answer is drinking, get wasted, losing it because fun is alcohol.
Unfortunately, it is not drinking for enjoying a glass of wine, a cocktail, or your favorite drink. It is an escape from the real you, an attempt to be part of the crew and be accepted. It goes back to ancient times, to a tradition based on the idea that alcohol abuse is acceptable and even the consequences of it.
Cheers, to a good night, let all of you have fun and be responsible. As to me there will be just one glass of wine for my Halloween celebration because moderation is needed, it makes me stronger, healthier and shows control.